Anthem, Inc LTSS Service Coordinator- RN Clinician - North Carolina Multiple Regions PS26202 in Durham, North Carolina
LTSS Service Coordinator- RN Clinician - North Carolina Multiple Regions PS26202
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Requisition #: PS26202
Post Date: Aug 19, 2019
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Healthy Blue , a strategic alliance of Blue Cross NC and Amerigroup, an Anthem Inc. company, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
LTSS Svc Coord-RN Clinician - North Carolina Multiple Regions PS26202
Work Locations: This position requires you to work in the field visiting members up to 75% of the time. When not in the field, you will work from your home office.
We will be hiring in multiple Regions; Asheville/Charlotte, Fayetteville, Greenville, Raleigh/Durham, Winston-Salem.
Responsible for overall management of member's case within the scope of licensure; provides supervision and direction to non-RN clinicians participating in the member's case in accordance with applicable state law and contract; develops, monitors, evaluates, and revises the member's care plan to meet the member's needs, with the goal of optimizing member health care across the care continuum.
• Responsible for performing telephonic or face-to-face clinical assessments for the identification, evaluation, coordination and management of member's needs, including physical health, behavioral health, social services and long term services and supports.
• Identifies members for high risk complications and coordinates care in conjunction with the member and the health care team.
• Manages members with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities, to insure cost effective and efficient utilization of health benefits.
• Obtains a thorough and accurate member history to develop an individual care plan.
• Establishes short and long term goals in collaboration with the member, caregivers, family, natural supports, physicians; identifies members that would benefit from an alternative level of care or other waiver programs.
• The RN has overall responsibility to develop the care plan for services for the member and ensures the member's access to those services.
• May assist with the implementation of member care plans by facilitating authorizations/referrals for utilization of services, as appropriate, within benefits structure or through extra-contractual arrangements, as permissible.
• Interfaces with Medical Directors, Physician Advisors and/or Inter-Disciplinary Teams on the development of care management treatment plans.
• May also assist in problem solving with providers, claims or service issues.
• Directs and/or supervises the work of any LPN/LVN, LSW, LCSW, LMSW, and other licensed professionals other than an RN, in coordinating services for the member by, for example, assigning appropriate tasks to the non-RN clinicians, verifying and interpreting member information obtained by these individuals, conducting additional assessments, as necessary, to develop, monitor, evaluate, and revise the member's care plan to meet the member's needs, and reviewing and providing input on the non-RN clinicians' performance on a regular basis.
• Requires an RN; 3-4 years of experience in working with individuals with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities in a Service Coordinator, Case Management, or similar role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of North Carolina is required.
• Masters in Health/Nursing preferred.
• May require state-specified certification based on state law and/or contract.
• Experience working with individuals who benefit from supports related to chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, behavioral health, and developmental delays in a Service Coordinator, Case Management, Advocate or similar role strongly preferred.
• Experience using a person centered approach to develop supports
• Strong computer skills to include Excel and Outlook as well as the ability to learn new applications and programs.
• Medicaid knowledge/experience preferred
• Experience in Long Term care preferred
• Up to 75% travel required within assigned territory.
• This position requires home visits as well as telephonic and virtual meetings.
• Waiver experience preferred.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.